Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner in 20 Minutes (or so)


Happy Early Thanksgiving!

Steave has to work on Thanksgiving and since yesterday was his only day off this week I wanted to fix him a Thanksgiving meal. Well, I'm not feeling so well with a cold, therefore the dinner had to be quick and easy. So, I got some Boar's Head turkey breast from the deli, Stove top stuffing, a jar of gravy, canned green beans, a jar of onions and creamed them (it's a Libramento family tradition) and popped a couple of sweet potatoes in the microwave for 15 minutes. Steave had Thanksgiving dinner in 20 minutes.
True, it didn't taste as good as the traditional, "slave away in the kitchen for days" dinner, but at least it was something.



Oh, yeah, I made a sugar-free pumpkin pie, so I guess that took longer than 20 minutes. 5 minutes prep and 50 minutes baking time. It turned out surprisingly well to be sugar free.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!