Thursday, November 11, 2010

Clean Lines and Clear Surfaces

My sister said, "When you can't change the big things in your life, rearrange the furniture." My sister rearranged her furniture all the time.

I don't rearrange furniture but I'm am obsessed about having my own time. I want free time to do what I want. But not only that, I don't want anything on my mental to-do list either. I want free time without anything breathing down my neck. When I feel overwhelmed with things to do, I go insane organizing things. I think that if "everything has a place and every place has a thing" then the house will stay clean and that will free me up to have my own time. There was an old show called, "Absolutely Fabulous" and I remember a line from it, "I like clean lines and clear surfaces." I like that, too. 

Right now I have too many things going on at once and therefore I am obsessed about straightening up. I'm straightening up the areas that are straightened up. 

So, I force myself to chill out and blog and go watch something on netflix.
Goodnight Gracie.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about needing time just to breathe, and how much easier that is when the house is in order and there's no mental clutter. As I write this, every surface I look at is heaving with toys, books, mail ... you know, Clutter 101.
    I loved Ab Fab - hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to re-arrange the furniture all the time and I just quit. I guess I gave in to the big things in life.
    I also need my quiet time; my "leave me alone and let me be me" time; border on being a loner.
    Great post and oh, "Goodnight George".
    Joy Whitt

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!