Monday, November 15, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays...

I'm slowing down as I take the exit ramp off of a high-speed, emotionally-propelled weekend.

Joel and Katie #2 came in from Mississippi and stayed the weekend. They had to jump on our activity train and hang on for dear life. I hate it when they are here for a short time and we have a million things to do, but they were very sweet and joined in. Katie #1 did not go to Butler for the weekend, but stayed to sing at a concert, attend our church Homecoming and visit with her brother and sister-in-law. It was good to have her around for a change.

We had my school's Fall Festival on Saturday. Then our church hosted a concert with Gospel singing legend, Russ Taff. (See photo on the right) Then Sunday morning we had Homecoming service and "dinner on the grounds" (not really, just lunch) and we got to see a lot of people we haven't seen in a long time.

It was all great, just very emotional, and you know how I hate extreme emotion. So, I'm winding down, changing gears, taking it down a few notches.

Today, it's raining. It's nice for a change. I could have slept in today, but couldn't. When I can sleep in, I can't. My internal clock usually wakes me up at 5:30, but today I could have just slept right on through it.

I had "Relaxing Spanish Guitar" playing in my classroom and that with the lamplight that I'm using makes for a very soothing atmosphere. So, it was a mellow day at school. Nice.

I really enjoyed Nora Ephron's book, "I Feel Bad About My Neck." I had to get it because I feel bad about mine, too. I thought I was the only one. Now, I am enjoying another one of her books, "I Remember Nothing." She is so funny talking about growing older. She has a great sense of humor. Of course she would, she wrote "You've Got Mail" and "When Harry Met Sally." I love those movies. Great dialog.

I'm still waiting to hear from the president of a college that I applied to. He talking about me with a president of another college. I'll be glad when they finally get around to talking to me.

Well, that's an update from me as I sit here eating a cinnamon bagel and a glass of milk with Meg watching me like a sphinx hoping I'll drop something.

1 comment:

  1. It was rainy here too.
    We had an awesome time in GA.
    And I would agree very emotionally charged.
    I asked a few people here if they had ever heard of Russ Taff, they said yes!!, and I said in a real "this happens all the time" kind of voice, "I just hung out with him for the weekend, no biggie." It was great!
    Katie was inspired by the warm home. Today we arranged a "Art Corner" much like downstairs. Katie set up her sewing machine and figured it out! thanks to a few lessons from tha sis.
    So like you we are settling back in from our "mini-vacation." Thanks for everything!
    I love you very much.

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!