Friday, November 19, 2010

Dog Questions Answered


In case you didn't know, I love animals, but I have a hard time living with them - mostly because I have extremely high expectations of them. I basically want them to act like humans.

Here are my rules for dogs:
1. Don't poop or pee in my house.
2. Don't get in the garbage.
3. Don't get on my bed.
4. Don't bring any parasites into my house i.e. fleas, ticks, worms and I will help you with that.
5. Don't be rude to guests by jumping on them, licking or biting them or begging for food. And don't do that to me, either.
6. Bark at strangers, but don't go on and on about it.

Birds, cats and fish have their own set of rules. There's a whole thing about slinging your seeds and the litter box,  but I won't go into that.

Anyway, I'm straying from my main point. I watched a really cool video, if you are at all interested in animal behavior. I am extremely interested in it. So much so that two of my dream jobs would be to assist Jane Goodall in observing chimps ...


or Jacques Couteau on his beloved "Calypso." (though I'm a little late for that RIP Jacques.)



Again, I drift, anyway, it was a Nova video about research done on dogs. Did they really come from wolves? Are they just domesticated wolves? What kind of intelligence do they have? Can they really read human emotions? Are we accurately reading them?

If you're at all interested, you should check it out. It's on netflix instant play.


1 comment:

  1. This Jane Goodall image is fantastic! I'm a big fan of hers as well as of J-Y. Cousteau.

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!