Sunday, August 22, 2010

Stenciled Tote Bags & A Fun T-shirt Site

Everyone around me is all a-buzz getting ready for Sammy's wedding today. Yesterday, Sammy's dad, Pete, came by and asked if I could hem the pants of his new suit. Katie, the Maid of Honor, was trying to fit in a little World Civ reading while getting everything together for the rehearsal dinner and then on to spend the night with the bridesmaids and bride.
While all this was going on yesterday, I was playing with my new Cricut machine. I downloaded some cool fonts and cut some stencils out on contact paper. It reminded me of painting t-shirts back in the day. I had a good time. Here are two bags I stenciled yesterday.


I put a K for Katie on a bag so she could take all the necessary emergency items for the wedding: Tylenol, bobbie pins, safety pins, peanuts (the bridal party always starves!), hairspray, etc. Katie is becoming a pro at this wedding thing!



Then I made this one for myself. I used my favorite "Clash of the Titans" phrase in a cool pirate-y font.
A fun afternoon project.


I love this. It's called Loch Ness Imposter
I wish I would have thought of this! You can find this image on a t-shirt at

3 comments:

  1. The Lock Ness Imposter is brilliant! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what Jennifer can do with her cricut.I didn't know you could do so much with it until now.Very cool.Candace would love the octopus ones.Thats her favorite sea creature.
    All you people have put me in the mood to become creative and make stuff.
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought that shirt off of threadless! Haha
    The bag is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!