Sunday, August 1, 2010

Meg's Muffins on a Manic Day

So, if you paid attention, I have just posted 3 entries in one day! That's because yesterday was a MANIC day! It was my last day of summer break. I go back to school on Monday. Today, Sunday, I have many obligations so it's not really a day off. And I haven't blogged in a while so I was ready to blog and craft and do some things that I knew I wouldn't have time to do starting next week!!! Then the internet went out yesterday because of the storm, so you're getting an overload today!

Anyway...

...in addition to Bowling for Dinner and Guerrilla Gardening I made Meg some muffins.

Meg is the dog that lives in our house that no one will claim and that I will not buy clothes for even though my kids are grown. Meg has a tendency to develop bladder stones. So, after $700 of medical treatment, we must now buy her the most expensive dog food known to man to keep her from developing more. Meg has always loved treats and even after 9 months or so since changing her dog food, she still stands at the closet door and wants treats. I've tried to tell her that there are NONE in there, that she can't have them anymore, but she doesn't believe me.

I felt sorry for her so I came up with the idea of using her food and making her some treats with it. Same stuff, different shape, she has a walnut sized brain and she will think it's special, right?

So, I soaked some of her boring, medical food in hot water.



Added a tablespoon of chicken boullion. There was nothing on the label about giving dogs bladder stones. So, I thought it might be ok.



Then I smashed it up in the food processor and spooned it into muffin tins.





I baked them at 325 for I don't know how long because the storm blew out our power for an hour or more in the middle of baking. But I just kept them in there until they got hard and crunchy.



I gave Meg one after they had cooled and she took it from me, dropped it on the floor and looked at it like she was trying to figure out what it was, then slowly ate it like she was thinking, "The flavor is familiar, but...."



A Meg and her muffin cannot be parted.

2 comments:

  1. Meg looks so cute holding her muffin! Lovely shot! :-)

    Belated congratulations, Jill! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! It's a nice shot of my carpet with Meg in the way.

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!