Saturday, June 18, 2011

Words


Back in the day I had a friend who was like a soul-mate to me. Not in a physical way but in a soul way. We just understood each other, connected, you know - all those things you say about a person that you feel really close to in a mental and emotional way.

Well, he was interested in the theatre as was I and he told me that he wanted to produce "The Belle of Amherst" and cast me as Emily Dickinson. So, I read the play and began to study it a bit before life slipped in and buried poor Emily under a pile of obligations and miles of separation.

I had great fun learning those lines and memorizing her poems. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to play her, I think I could have done her justice.

There was one line that I thought of today: "I love words" she says. "There are words to which I lift my hat when I see them sitting on a page … ‘Circumference'... and 'Phosphorescence' now there's a word to lift your hat to."

I agree with her. I love words, too. And I'm always so pleased to come across a string of words that make me happy. I found a string today. I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!