Friday, June 24, 2011

Fabric Rosettes

I need inspiration to jump off my creative engine. So I often grab a craft, art, house decorating magazine and flip through it real fast. If something catches my eye, I stop and consider it. So, in essence, yes, I am influenced by a great photo, interesting type style and color. So, I flipped through a magazine recently and these pages caught my eye...


The colors intrigued me as well as the "messiness" of the rosettes.

So, I had to try my hand at making these little flowers. I thought we could use them in different ways in the wedding decor.

I had a scrap of fabric and so I cut it into strips...


and while the color is good and would probably make a very pretty flower, we have this vintage, antique thing going so I tea dyed the strips...


it reminded me of noodles....

then I hung them out to dry.


I was hoping for a more mottled look. I thought it would add depth and interest to the flowers. So I took my handy-dandy distressing ink pad and ran it over the strips.


Then I started twisting and rolling them into rosettes, gluing them at strategic points, being careful of the hot glue. Nothing worse than a hot glue burn!


You can add beads and ribbon if you like...


I liked the result so much I tried a burlap rosette.


I think these will add nice little details to the wedding decor.

1 comment:

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!