Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Are you surprised that I'm not making more of a "do" about the Royal Wedding seeing as I am a self-proclaimed "anglophile"?

I am surprised at myself as well.

I'm not sure what the problem is. If you'll excuse me, I'll try to self analyze.

Reasons why I am not making more of the Royal Wedding:
1. I'm going to miss all the great coverage because I have a rotten cable package.
2. I'm going to be at work for most of it.
3. I don't have any way to record it to watch later.

Basically, technology is sapping my joy.

Well, I'm going to try to catch some of it before I go to work tomorrow. If London is 5 hours ahead of us and the wedding is at 11am, then maybe I can watch some of it.

I am truly happy for William. I know his Mum would be proud.


Diana was one year and 30 days older than me and she married Charles 7 months before Steave and I got married. I remember watching her wedding and enjoying it very much. She had William 5 years before I had Joel. I always admired Di and followed her life closely. I was very sad when she was killed in the car accident.

So, I am disappointed in my pitiful interest in William's wedding. Perhaps tomorrow I will be more excited.

Congrats William and Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!