Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Latest Netflix Viewing

Atilla!


I have admitted to you that I have a "side dish obsession" with Gerard Butler. I am trying to see everything that he's done with the hopes of drumming up something other than "PS I Love You" and "300" to convince myself that he really is a good actor and not just a pretty face. I haven't really found anything yet. "Dear Frankie" was bearable but mostly because I enjoyed the story and the Frankie character so much.

So, to continue my search, I found "Atilla." I have to admit - it hurt to watch it. It was so painful it took me 3 sessions to get through it. I watched the extras and in the "making of" piece they actually tried to compare it to "Cleopatra" and "Ben Hur" and to that I say NO WAY, NAY, NIX!! They aren't even close.

Katie tried to help me not be so frustrated with Gerard by saying that maybe it was not his fault that his performance was so bad. They cast a Scottish actor who Americanized his accent to play an Asian. I guess his overdone eyeliner was to try to get his eyes to look more Asian, which really didn't work. Many of the shots, I think, were just to try to showcase his eyelined, contact lensed eyes. Pretty pitiful.  

Well, to further express how I felt about the movie, I suggest that you watch "Poldark" rather than "Atilla."
Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!