Saturday, July 3, 2010

Really Cool Person Day - Troy Michael

This is my nephew, Troy. He is the middle child of my sister's 3 boys. They are more like brothers to me than nephews. Troy is truly one of the coolest people I know.

Troy has 2 doctorates (Dr. of Divinity, Dr. of Metaphysics), he is a Master Groomer, an amazing cook, costume maker, interior designer (you should see his beautiful house!) and he is the manager of
The Magnolia Room in Marietta, GA. He is happily married and has 2 dogs and I don't know how many cats. There's a turtle, too.

Troy has always been an amazingly creative person. He was always the one to introduce us to new music. He's listening to Bulgarian music now, I think. When my daughter was 4, she needed a costume because she was going to be in The Nutcracker at the Civic Center. My sister made her a red velvet dress. Troy, thinking she needed more, made her a matching cape with a real fur collar!  He just made the bride's bouquet and boutineers for my son's wedding. At one point people were paniking because someone needed a boutineer and Troy went to a flower arrangement, snipped off a piece and created a beautiful boutineer right on the spot! That's how amazing he is!



But I want to tell you about The Magnolia Room that he manages and buys for. It is so cool! They have such a collection of interesting items. It's a pleasure just to go to the store. I can't possibly tell you about everything in it that I like, there's just so much! So, here's some pictures.







This next picture is super cool. These are chunks of salt in a salt bowl. Troy told me that they ionize the air and naturally kill odors.




And these pictures don't show the whole shop! So, you must go and see for yourself. I hope when you go you'll meet Troy. He is very interesting. He can talk to you about almost any subject and give you information that you never knew!!
When you go, be sure to go around lunch time and get a bite at Gabriel's it's adjacent to The Magnolia Room
They have great country cooking (meat, 2 vegetables, bread and 2 homemade cookies) , a deli (the chicken salad is terrific) and bakery. Be sure to leave room for dessert!

I love you, Troy! You are a VERY cool person!

3 comments:

  1. So much creativity at The Magnolia Room! And in your header too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my kind of shop! I love places like this. I clicked on the pictures to have a good old look around! And yes, Troy does sound a pretty amazing person. Where does he keep the turtle - in the bath?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to live in the turtle's home! A giant aquarium with waterfall, luscious plants, very nice!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!