Monday, January 10, 2011

Snowed In

If we get snow down here in GA it's usually a few flakes that makes everyone panic and run to the store to buy milk, bread and eggs. Well, we really got a good dumping of snow and a coat of ice. So, I've been in the house for 24 hours now and it looks like tomorrow won't be any better. I am not very fond of being "stuck" places - even if it's my own home.

So, Steave, Katie and I have been watching seasons 3 & 4 of Northern Exposure. A series that ran from 1990-1995. I enjoyed it then and I am enjoying it again. Chris is one of my all-time favorite characters.
Right after Christmas I went to The Corner Shop and saw Tina and her son. Her Mum was at home taking a day off. Needing to have "A Taste Of The UK" I picked up a few things that I haven't tried yet. I got a tiny Christmas Pudding and a can of Spaghetti that Tina's Mum suggested a while back and some shortbread.
I heated the pudding and gave it a try...

It was really good. It smelled like fruit cake and tasted like raisins. Then I heated the tin of spaghetti. I know we have Chef Boyardee, but Tina's Mum said the one from Britain was different.
It was different. I think it's not as sweet. The beans (for beans on toast) are not as sweet as our pork 'n beans. Katie and I munched on the shortbread, which I have to admit that I have had before and just as good as I remembered.
Tina and her Mum had rearranged the shop and it was quite nice with many new items that I had not seen before.

As you saw in previous posts I am taking an online photography class which is a blast. I haven't posted my last few pictures because to be honest I've just snapped quickly to get something turned in.

I am also in the planning stages of starting an art and crafts studio. I want to hold classes and grow an art and crafts community. I am very excited. Joel (urban expo) is designing my logo and hopefully I'll get a facebook group up by tomorrow and then maybe a blog after that.

I think I am doing all these things as a knee-jerk response to the "empty nest syndrome" but I think they're pretty good reactions and if they all don't really amount to anything, well, I've had fun doing it and being busy and I've managed to keep my mind off missing my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!