Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Balancing Act & Bundled Up

These were my latest 2 photos taken for my class.

Steave has always tried to impress me with his balancing act. It works. He's like a seal. I've seen him balance a bicycle on his nose before!

This is my North Face coat that I've had for 34 years. I got it for Christmas when I was 14. I've worn it, both of my kids wore it and I still have it. I sent an email to North Face and told them about my coat, it's age, etc. thinking that they would be amazed and like to use the story for advertising or something. They wrote me back and said, "that's great, we're glad you like it." So much for dreams of my coat having its 15 minutes of fame. 

I realize that I'm not technically proficient with the camera. Never have been. But I really like trying to interpret the daily prompts in a way that no one else does and I don't think that is the goal of the class. I think the goal is to try to get really great shots, not think outside the box. I get a lot of responses on my photos, but mostly how it makes them laugh or they didn't think of it that way. So, if a photo is supposed to illicit some sort of response, I am doing that. That's some sort of achievement, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!