Monday, January 17, 2011

Current Netflix Obsession

POLDARK!



A terribly filmed and horribly acted British TV series from 1975 and I love it!!

I cannot tell you why I love it, I cannot tell you why I am obsessed with finding out what happens next. Maybe it's like love, with all it's strange chemical attractions. Or maybe it's because Katie and I started watching it when we were trapped in the house for a week straight and we were relieved to find anything to keep our mind occupied....whatever the reason, I'm hooked.

I tried to think of one thing that is good, but I couldn't think of one: there are no pretty or handsome actors in it. The setting is Cornwall and while that may be beautiful, they surely didn't capture it on film. I can barely understand many of the characters when they speak. The story is long and drawn out and hard to follow at times. The fight scenes are laughable. There's really nothing good about it.

So, I highly recommend it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!