Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snow, Christmas, Snow, Snow, Snow

They say that this is the first snowfall on Christmas Day in Atlanta since the 1800's. I really don't believe that. Anyway, that's the big news around here because you know, when any (and I mean ANY) precipitation falls in Atlanta everyone forgets how to drive. Really, even a heavy rain, so you can imagine what snow does to people.
Joel even pulled out his old snowboard and took his wife out "snowboarding" in our yard.

Joel and Katie 2 came up from Mississippi for Christmas and Katie 1 was able to hang out for a couple of days without having to go to work or school or down to Butler. So, it's been nice having all my kids in the same house for a couple of days. (Labeling gifts for 2 Katie Libramento's was tricky, so I resorted to K1 and K2, K1 being my daughter and K2 being my daughter-in-law)

We went to Troy's for Christmas Eve which was fun as always. We had a few more animals in the house than we usually do. Troy has 4 pets and was pet-sitting for an enormous gentle giant of a dog named Bailey. I would take that dog in a heartbeat! And Troy & Tara's friend came over with her dog. So, it was quite a gathering.

It was fun to be with everyone! We had a great southern feast with honey baked ham, Rosie's potato salad, deviled eggs, Thomas Jefferson's macaroni and cheese, collard greens, black eyed peas and cornbread. For dessert, pound cake and red velvet cake. Delish!

Christmas Day, here at the house was welcomed by the aforementioned snow. We exchanged gifts which was fun as always. Joel and Katie 2 gave me a book of booklets called "Craft-In." The booklets show you everything you need to know to host a "craft-in." You gather your crafting friends and eat and listen to music and craft together. I can't wait to host one! Katie 1 made Katie 2 a purse that she made. (She has a tutorial on her blog: http://www.thebrownshoes.blogspot.com/ Joel made Katie 1 a Rick Steves tshirt.
Then they got together and started carving images into rubber stamps. Katie 1 then stamped some fabric.


 We've been playing with my new wii and Beatles Rock Band. And we've been eating. I made Paula Deen's Chicken Pot Pie - amazing. You should try it.

I remember in the not-too-distant past when it was hot that I said, "I can't wait for it to get cold so I can complain about it." Well, now, I can't wait to have the heat back. It's pretty cold.

Hope you all have had a good holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!