Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ice, Movie Tickets and The Sound of Music All Day

It iced up last night and so my school was closed today. That's usually a fabulous thing, but I had a field trip planned. I bought 29 movie tickets ahead of time - trying to be efficient. The last field trip I had planned, one of my students died and we had to go to the funeral. I'm just not having any field trip luck this year.

The ice melted. I ran around like a crazy woman. I flew by the closed school praying to catch someone who could let me in. There was, they did. Got the tickets. Took them to the theatre praying that they would give me my money back. They did. Thanks God for listening to my prayers.

I got a peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks to give myself a prize because Katie left for Butler and for running around getting the money back.

Now, I will watch The Sound of Music for the rest of the day, back to back viewings, if necessary to give my soul a boost of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!