Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sea & Sky Tree

We're not a very traditional family when it comes to holidays. We're always mixing it up a bit. I think I got that from my sister and stepmother who were always thinking of crazy fun things to do for the holidays. For example: one year our family had a city-wide scavenger hunt, one year an auction with a real auctioneer, another we had a costume party. Strange but really fun!

Decorations in my house are never the same. We might have a tree, we might not. Last year I decorated a wicker trunk and put all the gifts in it. One year, Katie and I decided that we wanted a tree that had sea shells and birds on it, just because we like those two things. So, we called it the Sea & Sky Tree. We glued ribbon to shells and found stuff we liked and put it on the tree. This year, we wanted to see that tree again, so I pulled out all the shells and birds and did it again. Here are some pix of it:




Steave says the starfish reminds him of Patrick Star from Spongebob.

6 comments:

  1. OHHH...I like this tree!! You're such a creative bunch. I've just started reading your blog Jill...it's tagged in my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is this above?

    I love the tree. We were preparing to do seashells to, but bailed.
    A couple years ago we had the manger scene with palm trees, right? Or is that my imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what that is that commented. It would be more appropriate for you and Katie to do seashells since you live at the beach. Yes, we had the palm trees around the manger scene. I liked that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Anonymous" revealed! lol This is Stacy Lewis! I'm not really that mysterious just didn't know how to select profile. lol We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you too Stacy!! I didn't know you read my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!