Saturday, October 2, 2010

Interesting Saturday

I spent an interesting day today. I went and worked at Go Fish. It's a store on Marietta Square where my daughter works. (and it is 2 or 3 doors down from The Corner Shop, you know, where Tina and her Mum sell British foods.) Go Fish needed an extra body on the floor today and so I volunteered. It was really fun.

I got to restock the bracelets and put all the clothes in correct size order. I also straightened the t-shirt shelves by refolding the shirts using a handy dandy t-shirt folding guide. I held necklaces and earrings for Katie while she restocked the display cases. I got to talk to interesting people including a guy who told me all about his tattoos. Very interesting.

We ate lunch in the backroom while watching the security camera. I ate a burrito the size of my head while hypnotized by the little monitor.

Mel had the most ecclectic and fun collection of music on her ipod. I LOVE to be introduced to new music. She told me about Bond and a new movement in opera. I am so excited.

You should check them out: Youtube video of Bond.

And of course I can't go in that store without buying something, so I left with a wood carving of a face patterned after the face on the Shroud of Turin. It's a little spooky, but really cool.

After work, Katie and I went to get a milkshake and we stopped by The Corner Shop and laughed with Tina's Mum. She told me a great story about hanging cigarette boxes on a pram for a baby to play with while she rang up a jar of lemon curd for me. She thought the cigarette box toys were terrible but terribly funny at the same time. We laughed really hard. I like Tina's Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!