Saturday, February 5, 2011

Did You Miss Me?

I feel like I haven't blogged in ages. Where have I been? Well, I was in Birmingham for a conference for a few days. You would think a giant, mega-mega conference center would have internet - but no! So, I didn't get to facebook or blog or finish my much enjoyed photography class "Picture Winter."

When I got back, I hit the ground running at school. The first full week in months. The weather has really screwed with our schedule and we realized that the 100th day of school was Feb.3. It kinda caught us off guard. Before I started teaching, I didn't realize the significance of "The 100th Day." I thought the teachers just chose a random day to celebrate - why couldn't they choose "The 71st Day"? Then I realized that the 100th day basically marks that the year is 1/2 over. And 100 is a good number to celebrate. Easy to remember. Better than 71.

So, we ran around and planned our celebration. Basically, it was massive amounts of children, being incredibly loud and having a good time...

Here they are doing the "100 Second Hoop" Competition.

So, today, I'm trying to catch up on my blogging and correspondence. I'm planning Exhale Creatively's  first "Craft-In" coming up this month . Got any ideas for an easy craft? I'm open for suggestions. I'm also making salsa today - maybe I'll blog about that, too. I'm so glad to be back!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!