Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Make a Vow



There's a Paul McCartney song that speaks to me:

"Too Much Rain"
Laugh, when your eyes are burning
Smile, when your heart is filled with pain

Sigh, as you brush away your sorrow
Make a vow, that's it's not going to happen again

It's not right, in one life
Too much rain

You, know the wheels keep turning
Why, do the tears run down your face

We, use to hide away our feelings
But for now, tell yourself it won't happen again

It's not right, in one life
Too much rain

It's too much for anyone, Too hard for anyone
Who wants a happy and peaceful life
You've gotta learn to laugh


 Smile, when your spinning round and round
Sigh, as you think about tomorrow
Make a vow, that your gonna be happy again

It's all right, in your life
No more rain

It's too much for anyone, Too hard for anyone
Who wants a happy and peaceful life
 
 
The reason this song speaks to me is because even when I was very small I made vows. Vows to heaven and earth. As I was treading water in an ocean of sadness, hurt, pain, rejection I vowed that I would not always live in it.
 
I vowed that one day, when I was an adult,  I would open the windows and let the air and light in.
 
I vowed that one day when I was able to escape that I would make joy and laughter the order of the day instead of sadness and criticism.
 
I knew from a small girl that I was made for sunny days, for happy days.
 
I was made to have a great story as Jack Nicholson's character in "Something's Got to Give" says:
 
"Some of us have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad."
 
I was made for a great story, good times and noodle salad.
 
I'm living what I vowed and I'm not going to apologize for it or be embarrassed by it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!