Saturday, February 27, 2010

Today Is My Anniversary!

Today is my anniversary! At 2pm today, I will have been married (wait, I have to look at the date inside my wedding ring) 28 years! I am very proud of that accomplisment. Staying married takes blood sweat and tears. I told my students the other day that staying married is a choice to be true to a promise that you make. I said to them, "Do you think that I've never seen another man more handsome than my husband? Sure I have: Gerard Butler, Kevin Costner....(I better stop there, Steave might read this - haha!) I KNOW I'm not the most beautiful woman on earth. Do you think we've never had a fight? We sure have! Do you think I've never wanted to kick him to the curb and vice-versa? Whatever!! We just decided to work it out." I'm glad we did!

In the past 28 years we:

lived in 3 different states

lived in 8 different homes

raised 2 incredible children

had innumerable pets and almost as many cars

stayed together through sickness, pain, poverty, loss, death, fear, joy, laughter and it's been the best time of my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments! Thanks for stopping by!